Nuffnang Leaderboard

October 15, 2009

UPs and DOWNs

back at work after a week's break.

plagued by gastric flu, and my computer went up and down at the same time.
i'd plow my fields in the morning, and my cranky computer won't let me harvest on time at night.

so apart from spending most of the week smothered in bed, the other half of the time i was whining and weeping away. too bored. literally bored to tears.
all of a sudden, Mr Wabbit lost his appeal as a talking buddy. reads: i need new toys.

anyhoos, during the day, Poppy was busy at work, and when he's home, he whiled his time away in front of the telly.

some days, i just sit myself in front of the dang machine, trying to power cycle, discharge and restart.
on the better days, i'd keep myself occupied in the kitchen.
oh, his gramps came over for dinner on one of the days, and thank God, my cooking passed their "taste-test".

and last weekend, when i was almost back to my bouncy + chirpy self, Poppy gave me a treat at Ah Yat Seafood Restaurant in Turf City to answer my craving for Salted Egg Crabs.
our 3rd time there, if i remember correctly.
so, we had a sumptuous meal of Ah Yat Signature Fried Rice + Abalone Mushroom + Salted Egg Crabs.
wrapped up, headed off to Giant to buy some groceries and went home.

got up early the next morning for a jog (although i walked more than i jogged)
in any case... that was 4.8Km excluding the distance from my house to the Park Connector.
i think that walk should've still burnt a good amount of calories.

breakfast was my usual oat + soy milk combination.
afterwards we went to SPCA to check out some kitties. woohoo.
there wasn't a lot of 'em there, not that i was intending to pick one up immediately.

on our way to Mommy's place, Poppy tried to dissuade, discourage, disagree with me keeping a kitty.
OBJECTION OVERULED.

can't remember what happened the rest of the day. probably more lazing around.
i only remember for today's brekkie, i just giap-ed a slice of Reese Peanut Butter Cup in a slice of bread. yummy. ok, that's too random.


tonight i chalked up another USD300+ on sprees.
when Shan returns, it's another USD300 - 400 for the Coach stuff.
i think i'm overdoing it. SOMEBODY, STOP ME (in agonizing voice).

then again, the advantage is because of the HUMONGOUS amount of expenditure i chalked on my UOB Lady's card i get to redeem some rewards, and i told Poppy i'll get the Tung Lok vouchers so we can go to Tung Lok Seafood, Shin Yeh or Zhou's Kitchen again. whee~


i totally hear only the good things
*think Class 95 advertisement*

No comments: