Nuffnang Leaderboard

June 11, 2008

The results are out...

finally collected my results at the polyclinic after a series of unfortunate events throughout the day...

LIPID PROFILE

Cholesterol Total, serum

9.05 [MMOL/L]

Cholesterol HDL, serum

1.88 [MMOL/L]

Triglycerides, serum

1.14 [MMOL/L]

Cholesterol LDL, Calc

6.65 [MMOL/L]

Cholesterol / HDL Ratio

4.81 H


my cholesterol level hit the ceiling and burst through the roof.
utter sadness.

despite the alarming readings, the doc says i'm not to be put on medication yet due to my age and the cause, which is hereditary in my paternal family.
and from now till the next test date, i've got to watch my diet and start working out at least 30 minutes for 3 times each week.
and she specifically mentioned strolling and shopping are NOT counted. boohoo.

the ENT appointment has been postponed to next week. so much for the anticipation.
i guess i can only wait till then before i get some advise on the operation.


the BIG NEWS for today is that after much keeping mum for awhile, i suppose it's time to announce my intention of switching jobs.
much uncertainty is dwelling in the air over at the current company due to the reshufflement and relocation that has been taking place since last year.

re-started the job search just last week, and went for two interviews on Thursday.
was more or less expecting the calls for second interviews...
but much to my surprise, i got a call from one of the companies yesterday offering me the job without the hassle of a second interview!

HOWEVER, even after negotiation, they are offering a tad lower than my expected wage.
well, let's see how it goes.


and before i wrap up this entry, i just received a letter from Seyha, the girl i'm sponsoring through WorldVision.
the letter's not written by Seyha but by her mom as she hasn't started attending school.
i believe her folks are illiterate as well, thus her words are translated/interpreted by the official from WorldVision and put on paper.

yes, that cute little handprint in the center is drawn and colored by Seyha!
certainly brightened up my day.



as for tomorrow, we'll be having a post-birthday celebration for Wei in the evening.
seems like there aren't any concrete plans as yet but let's hope it'll be a great one.
i'll drop by Waterloo Street for prayers prior to that, after my plans were wrecked today by pure bad luck.

anyways NeuNeu promised to watch Kungfu Panda with me.
i hope tomorrow's the day!


ps: sorry for the poor organization of thoughts. my mind's still in a whirl after the eventful day.

No comments: