Nuffnang Leaderboard

October 31, 2010

Anniversary weekend

2010.10.29 Friday

We were off to our Pre-anniversary dinner.
Poppy kept me in suspense right to the last minute, reassuring me from time to time, that I'd love that place.
Still, every 30 seconds or so, I'd ask him "so where are we going?", "are we there yet?" or "is the place so-and-so?".

I even tried sulking to make him talk. Nope, no go.

Finally, we arrived at that place I indeed love so much -
Asian Civilizations Museum.

Of course, where else in ACM could we dine but Indochine?
Absolutely love Poppy to bits.

I should've guessed it, because he asked me to use him phone to call Alex a couple of days back, and I questioned him about the Indochine number I saw on the dial list. He flatly denied, saying it was his colleague who borrowed his phone. Ok, I'm that daft too.

Anyway, the food was awesome - mix of Indo-China cuisine.
Poppy ordered my favorite comfort food - Salmon Carpaccio (Japanese equivalent of Salmon Sashimi); followed by Pan-seared Red Snapper Fillet with Grilled Zucchinis; Hot Basil Chicken and rounded it all off with another of my all-time favorite Mango Sticky Rice.

'twas a lovely meal indeed.

After the meal, we took a quick stroll around the ACM before it closed for the day. It's already been a couple of months since we've been there... Then we walked over to One Fullerton for a cuppa and people-watched for a bit. Headed home early for we had a long day ahead on Saturday.

Marina Bay Sands across the bay


2010.10.30 Saturday

Woke up slightly earlier today.
Packed a little and made sure Custard has sufficient food and water to last her for the next 2 days.

And yes, we're off to Sentosa!

Headed straight for The Sentosa, checked-in and watched Marmaduke in the room before wandering outside.

We are such suckers for their feather pillows and quality bedding. Poppy even insists we should ask them where to get those pillows!







Took a good, long stroll from Tanjong Beach to the Beach Station.
Queued for our first Luge ride.
It's much more fun than Disneyland's Autopia!

Skyride + Luge

Afterwards, we hopped on the Yellow Line shuttle and took the car out to meet Alex, Mich, Loh and YM at Vivocity.


Early dinner with the rest at Marché


Songs of the Sea

Poppy gave everyone an ice-cream treat at New Zealand Natural.
Drinks were also on him at The Pavilion back at the resort. Such a sweet lad, ain't he?

After bidding the guys goodbye, Poppy made a beeline for a soak in the tub while I snacked on my cake and wine.
The toiletries provided by Spa Botanica were heavenly. I was lemming to get a good spa treat the following day, but of course, that didn't happen because we slept right through to the afternoon.
Bummer!


2010.10.31 Sunday

Slept all the from the night before, after watching 身娇肉贵.
Poppy's plan to hit the gym and swim was foiled too. Hah.
Snappily washed up, packed and checked-out reluctantly =(
If not for work, we would definitely have stayed for an additional night!

While Poppy was driving us to breakfast, I told him:
"Poppy, say bye-bye to Sentosa. We'll be back soon right?"

And Poppy cheekily replied:
"Sure, very soon. I'll make a U-turn right in front."

*rolls eyes*


Dim Sum at Yum Cha

Took another stroll around Chinatown after Dim Sum at Yum Cha.
Poppy wanted to queue for Koi but held back after I told him not to take so much sweet drinks. Oops.
Then it was back to home. Fed Custard, unpacked and took a catnap while Poppy sat himself in front of the telly again.

Yet another weekend has zipped past.
We've decided it's been too short, so...

We're heading back to Sentosa again tomorrow, yippee!

No comments: