Nuffnang Leaderboard

October 22, 2010

So Lucky.

Time really flies these days.
Work schedule's so tight, i can hardly stop and relax. November's roster is out, and there's lots of complaints... can't imagine what December will be like with so many people on leave and reservist. Bummer!
Only had a day to rest last week, thank goodness, i get the weekend rest this week!

You must be wondering what's with the title. Well, that's coz i won myself two prizes from contests! Nothing huge - just a digital video camera (i'm guessing it's some cheap-plug old stock. still free nonetheless.) and a $100 Clarins Hamper. Hah!

Material gains aside, it's also nearing my 4th anniversary. Though we're bogged down by work, Poppy still makes it a point to spend quality time with me. Once in a while, he'll try to come home a little earlier; or bring me out for nice lunches and dinners (he never wakes up in time for breakfasts); or offer to make me dinner when i'm too lazy to eat out.

He's also a consistent help with majority of the chores - from strenuous ones like carpentry work; putting the laundry out, to mopping; fixing bulbs and doing laundry when i'm not around. He never grumbles (although he loves nagging). Wahaha!

We've been spending lots of time apart due to work. And i guess he's right, we have come to cherish the rare moments we get to see each other. Some of the time, we visit our parents and grandparents, other times, we have gatherings with common friends. And more often than not, we simply go for a drive in his car... spending time during the ride chatting about bits and pieces of our lives.

Much of our focus right now is on the financial aspect. The touchy "to-have or not-to-have" topic. Making plans for mid and long term. Life is just so tough, isn't it? I'm glad just so glad I've got a confidante in him, sharing (almost) the same objectives.

All in all, what i wanna say is... I LOVE MY POPPY!
I'm SO lucky to have him in my life.
So lucky to have someone who loves me, loves my family and my oddities. My life would have been completely different if not for him =))

Then again, he says he's got plans for us, but I just can't pull myself away from work on that day. Ughh, I hope I can work something out by then. *Pulls hair in frustration*

No comments: