Nuffnang Leaderboard

October 27, 2010

Plan finalized, finally.

As I was saying in the previous post... Our anniversary is this weekend!

I've finally managed to make changes to my roster with some swapping,
And we've also finally decided that we'll spend the day in Sentosa (not on gambling, I hope).
Managed to get ourselves a night's stay at The Sentosa Resort & Spa by Beaufort despite being SO SO SO last minute.

I wanted to stay at New Majestic but 'twas already fully booked =(
Had to go with Sentosa instead and decide between RWS Hotels (Hotel Michael; Hard Rock Hotel; Festive Hotel) & The Sentosa, but a quick look at TripAdvisor gave us a clear answer. So The Sentosa it shall be. Unfortunately, they ran out of Junior Suite so we were only left with either Deluxe Room, Beaufort Suite, or Garden Villa to choose from. Siao, of course take Deluxe King - Beaufort Suite and above costs around 2-grand. Lao-niang will have to apply for bankruptcy after 1 weekend. Not really, never mind.

There seems to be a lot of activities lined up on the island over the weekend since it's Halloween. Pity though (for him), the day tickets to Sentosa Spooktacular are sold out. I'm not a fan on spook-me-out, and you probably can't never imagine how relieved I am about that, especially after the Demon Jungle trail in Hong Kong Disneyland.

I'll be more than happy to just hang out at Cafe Del Mar for their 1-for1 instead.
Anyways, I'm ecstatic!


Update: 1:01am

Just remembered that although this stay is a treat for Poppy, I still ought to buy him a proper gift, ain't it? (Ahem. I've conveniently eliminated the Dyson vacuum by now).
My trusty companion, Google, came up with this interesting list of Traditional Anniversary Gift List created by a lady, Emily Post.

The first ten goes like this:

1stPaper
2ndCotton
3rdLeather
4thFruit or Flowers
5thWood
6thCandy or Iron
7thWool or Copper
8thBronze or Pottery
9thPottery or Willow
10thTin or Aluminum

Oh, I love Google. It always has the answers to my questions.

No comments: