Nuffnang Leaderboard

January 14, 2011

Pre, Pre, Pre-CNY Chores

The first lunar new year as the missus, and second year in our new home.

After doing the laundry and sweeping yesterday, took the air-con apart for cleaning and brought down the curtains for washing. Cleaned up the bedroom a bit, and I'm only left with clearing my bookshelf. Every year I'm stuck with the last-minute attempts to tidy up my wardrobe, so this year I decided to do it earlier.

Brace urselves for the horrendous sight of my wardrobe...

Before


After

It's tidier now (I think) since I did cleared out a stack of unworn/unwanted clothes which I've been hoarding for years. Self-console.

To reward myself, I've decided to spree Forever21 and Old Navy/GAP with the girls this week. We bought more than US$500 US$600 worth of merchandise, so happy! I'm sure I'll be able to figure out where to chuck the new clothes again at a later date. Hah!


Anyway, both Poppy and I took leave on the third week of the month to finish up the pre-new year chores, and help him with his annual Ngoh Hiang making. There've been lots of requests for his Ngoh Hiang it seems, so Poppy's doubling the quantity as compared to last year (and he's more than happy that his snack is so popular).

Oh, Poppy's back from work.
Off for din-din!

No comments: