Nuffnang Leaderboard

January 16, 2011

Week 2

Realized that I've missed out on too many weeks of updates, so I'll just start from this weekend.


15.01.11 Saturday
Wanted to sleep in late coz we ended up home at nearly 3 in the morning.
But my neighbors decided it was such a good day to begin hammering the wall at 8am, followed by drilling and pounding some chili, I never really got a good rest. Dang.

For some bizarre reason, I decided to go put on some hair treatment and facial mask right away. I guess the special treat (Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Pack + Optima Ampoule for hair) did perk me up. Bugged Poppy to wake up and have breakfast (or is it lunch?) with me, and ordered my fave egg and toast set meal.

Got home after brief walk to NTUC's CNY tentage to check out some packet drinks and goodies. Then I started packing the storeroom - moving some unopened champagne glasses, jugs and plates to the cabinet; throwing out the vacuum cleaner (since Poppy has a new love so he probably won't use it anymore, while I prefer the good ol' broom) and shifting his aquatic rocks to the storage.

Wanted to take a nap to replenish some energy, but MIL arrived earlier than we expected so we finished up the last chores, put on the Despicable Me DVD for Custard to watch while we prepare to go fetch Popo for dinner. Yes, Custard's such a TV addict, on my off-days she'd sit in front of the telly and wait for me to switch on 包青天 in the afternoon. I suppose the guy with black face speaking in dramatic tone amuses her.

And so, dinner was at Lim Joo Hin coz we were craving for steaming porridge on the rainy day. Ordered half a dozen of dishes or so, finished up and sent MIL home before sending Popo home too. Got home, finished watching Despicable Me and went off to bed.


14.01.11 Friday
Was off to Colourful Aquarium, followed by IMM.
We got ourselves a couple of Lock & Lock freeze-able containers, fruit cutting mat and sushi mat for Poppy's upcoming Ngoh Hiang making session. The last time Poppy made them and stored them in the freezer, our ice cubes all turned into weird (and not to mention, awful) Ngoh Hiang flavor. Blek.

Anyhoos, we met Alex, Helmi and Nurah (not sure if I got her name right) for supper at Pandan City. And Helmi recommended the "3-layer tea" to us. It looked something like this...

Damn good stuff!

The Cheesy Chicken Chop I had was actually really cheesy. The stall was very generous with the mayonnaise-like cheese and the fries were yummy too. Went jalan-jalan after the meal, and to my surprise, there were quite a lot of stuff to look at.

And Poppy bought a replacement for the watch he lost at work. He loves it so much because it's water resistant and cheap, and wears it to work and his swims all the time. Alex bought an identical one after Poppy showed it to him the last time. LOL. And it was one of the watches my bro and I bought for my dad's birthday (about 15 years ago?!).

School-boy Casio watch

We almost bought a dolly stroller for Custard, but figured she would easily claw through the cheap material. Pity. Would probably buy her the skateboard the next time since Poppy promised to bring me there again. Heh!


WORK ON A SUNDAY ISH SO BORRRRRING (but I like it that way).
Gives me time to plan for our Cambodia trippy. Doing a 8-day tour from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh (and maybe Sihanoukville or Battambang). Time to strike off another UNESCO site on my to-visit list.

And I'm looking forward to my week-long leave from Friday onwards. Yay!

No comments: