Nuffnang Leaderboard

October 23, 2007

Another Weekend...

was going to start my routine blogging of my weekend until i heard the announcement on the opening of the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE). they even have a webbie for it!
hmm.. does all the grandeur translates into hints of exorbitant ERP charges n a hike in COE?
anyways, check out the webbie.
it's quite cool (..or so i thought), even comes with a couple of free multi-lingual MP3 downloads.

ok, back to my weekend. (did u ever think u'd ever escape it?)
Saturday was rest day for me.
NeuNeu went to help Debs move to her new apartment in Sengkang while i chalked up a good few hours of sleep after my night shift.

poor him.

always overworked (... usually by me), even on his off-days.

he came by to pick us up (mom, bro n me) to Giant for some grocery shopping.
ok, i hear Sophia's voice ringing in my head:
"u always go Giant hor".

herhrr.
thereafter enjoyed the long-awaited family dinner coz we hadn't done so in ages.
we cuddled up n caught Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe on telly after dinner.
turned in early coz Sunday's our WORK DAY. boo!

fast-forwarding to Monday...
met up in Sengkang to move the last of my stuff, dropped them back at home n headed out for his haircut at Tampines Mall.
went over to the Round Market for food
(after realization that i haven't been to that place despite having stayed in Tampines for 20-odd years. the secret is unveiled, Nick!) only to realize most of the stalls are closed!
i thought the operating hours "daytime" referred to anytime before evening.
hell no. it's MORNING only!

funny thing was that when NeuNeu was buying Fried Carrot Cake for me from another coffeeshop in the vicinity, the stallholder tried to convince him to buy $2.50 instead of $2 by telling him: "两块钱很少的。" (meaning the portion for $2 is very small).
well, he didn't coz i really don't eat a lot anyway
(at least i try to CONvince n CONsole myself that way. u get the drift, don't u?).

alas! the portion was quite pathetic.
his take on that?
"哇,他真的很不客气的给很少啰!"
i have no appropriate translation for this. let me know if u do.

hit home after lunch since we couldn't agree on a KTV or JB trip.
life just gets that sh*tty, doesn't it?
off-day but can't go places coz we've both got classes at 7pm.

luckily class was good for me.
more or less on track.
aiyo, i shouldn't say too much. sekali fail the exam.


that's all for now.

No comments: